You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
| Tiếng việt
Message from Ambassador
Notice from the Embassy
Protection of Citizens
Consular Fees and Charges
News from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Senior Leaders Activity News
Minister, Deputy Prime Minister Activities News
Ministry Leaders Activity News
The milestone in Bilateral relations
The agreements signed
Chính sách của Việt Nam
Quy định của nước sở tại đối với người nước ngoài
Tạp chí Quê hương
The agreements signed
RELATIONS VIETNAM - SOUTH AFRICA:
- In 1978, Oliver Tambo ANC tries presidents led the ANC delegation to visit Vietnam to learn the experience of the Vietnam struggle of resistance against American.
- On 12.22.1993 Vietnam and South Africa established diplomatic relations
- May 5/1994, Vice President Nguyen Thi Binh attend the inauguration of South African President Nelson Mandela.
- May 3/1995, Foreign Minister Nguyen Manh Cam visited South Africa officially for the first time.
- From 14 to 16/07/1998: Foreign Minister Alfred Nzo South Africa official visit to Vietnam for the first time.
- On 01.09.1998, the occasion attended the Non-Aligned Summit held in Durban, President Tran Duc Luong had an exchange of opinions with President Nelson Mandela.
- May 4/2000, Deputy Minister of Trade of Vietnam to visit South Africa and on this occasion, two countries signed the Agreement on Trade.
- May 10/2000, Secretary General of African National Congress (ANC) visits Vietnam
- From 22nd to 25/11/2004: Vietnam's Prime Minister Phan Van Khai officially visited South Africa. During this visit, Vietnam and South Africa signed a Joint Declaration on Cooperation and Development; Agreement on the establishment of Partnership Forum Intergovernmental Panel on Economic, Scientific and Cultural Organization (a Partnership Forum for Economic, Scientific, Technical and Cultural Co-operation); Agreement on visa exemption for diplomatic passport and official passports; notification of the Committee on Trade set the general Vietnam - South Africa.
- 5/2007, South African President Thabo Mbeki officially visit Vietnam for the first time. During the visit the two sides signed the Agreement on Cooperation between the two Ministries of Foreign Affairs and the Minutes of the First Forum of Partners Intergovernmental Panel on Economic, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- From 5 to 07/10/2010, Deputy Kgalema Motlanthe South African President official visit to Vietnam and reaffirmed the commitment of the two countries to promote trade between the two countries, the Forum for intergovernmental cooperation, Cooperation nature conservation, cooperation in the UN security Council and in the negotiations on climate change. In this occasion, the two countries also signed agreements on tourism cooperation and the memorandum (Memorandum of Understanding) in the field of water protection.
Copyright by Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in South Africa
Address: 87 Brooks Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa.
Tel: + 27 (0)12 362 8119, + 27 (0)12 362 8118
Consular emergency: Tel : +27 (0)62 433 7298
Fax: + 27 (0)12 362 8115